Turaida Castle

12 votos
Tirada em 03-11-2010
The castle was constructed in the Brick Gothic style in 1214 under Albert, archbishop of Riga, on the site of the destroyed wooden castle of the Livonian leader Caupo of Turaida. Construction and development of the fortifications continued to the 17th century, when the castle started to lose its strategic importance. It was badly damaged by fire in 1776 and not reconstructed, and in the course of time fell into ruin.
Continue reading +

Latitude: 57° 10' 56" N, Longitude: 24° 51' 2" E see »

Localização: Latvia

Deixa seu comentário:

[ * ] = espaços obrigatórios.
Seu nome: *
O espaço do e-mail é obrigatório, porém não aparecerá publicado na página web.
Seu e-mail: *
Tua página web:
Seu comentário: *