Trzni Kolonada - Karlove Vary, Czech Republik

31 votos
The settlement called Vary (Boiling Water) was founded around 1350. Town owes its present name the Roman Emperor Charles IV (1355-1378), who stayed here in 1370 and gave the town its charter. Name of Karlovy Vary is a combination of the Slavic name of the emperor and the name of hot springs. For over two hundred years the village consisted of little more than a hundred buildings, but in the mid-seventeenth century, after the Thirty Years War, became fashionable among the aristocracy and began to expand. The final appearance of Carlsbad received in the late nineteenth century. In the nineteenth century the town began to grow beyond the narrow valley of the river Warm and marched along with the buildings on the slopes of the Erzgebirge mountains. Most of the current building dates from this period. Number of residents and visitors to the resort has increased considerably in 1870-1871 when he was brought to Karlovy Vary turn. Terraced buildings - health resort lies at altitudes ranging from 370 to 644 m above sea level gives it a distinctive landscape. Gothic and Renaissance architecture was completely destroyed by fire in 1604. Rebuilt in baroque style city was burned again in 1759, remained only the church of Mary Magdalene. At the turn of the century theater was built, the post office, some spas and hotels. Today the restored - while maintaining the Art Nouveau style, delight with their beauty.
Continue reading +

Autor:

Zbigniew Pilip
Distinguish Silver
Member

Latitude: 50° 13' 24" N, Longitude: 12° 52' 58" E see »

Localização: Drahovice, Czech Republic

Deixa seu comentário:

[ * ] = espaços obrigatórios.
Seu nome: *
O espaço do e-mail é obrigatório, porém não aparecerá publicado na página web.
Seu e-mail: *
Tua página web:
Seu comentário: *