Chapel of Agios Georgios tis Arperas (Saint George)

11 votes
Fatta il 28/01/2011
The church of Agios Georgios Arperas was founded by the Dragoman Konstantinos Christofanis in 1745, outside of Tersefanou village, on the site of the medieval village of Arpera.
A fresco in the church depicts him and his family offering the Church to Agios Georgios (Saint George)to thank him, according to legend, for successfully completing of the Aqueduct. The church has many other frescoes signed by the painter Ioannikios.
Continue reading +

Autore:

Kirill µ
Distinguish Gold
Member

Latitudine: 34° 52' 5" N, Longitudine: 33° 33' 24" E see »

Luogo: Cyprus

Panoramas by Kirill µ Gold

Type:
Map List

Ancient Odeon

sphere
1
10 votes

Ancient Odeon

sphere
1

Located on the territory of Paphos Archaeological Park, Odeon is one of the major tourist attractions. This small amphitheater was built in the 1st...

Ledra Street

sphere
1

Ledra Street - the main street of the old town, located in two states at the same time - after the conflict of 1974, Ledra, which the Britons...

Limassol Marina

sphere

Coastal complex "Limassol Marina"

Limassol at hight

sphere

Panorama Limassol at night, photographed from the bridge at one of the central streets.

Troodos square

sphere

Troodos Square, the point where many begin their acquaintance with the largest mountain system of the island of Cyprus. This is a small area at the...

Forty Columns castle ruins

sphere

Castle Saranta Kolones (Κάστρο Σαράντα Κολώνες), or Forty Columns castle. It takes its name from large number of granite pillars that prevailed in...

Paphos Agora

sphere
pagine: 1 2 3 4 5
View all the authors » Find out more about Kirill µ »