Former Greek Quarter in Nevsehir, Cappadocia, Turkey

21 votes
Prise le 01/06/2012
The area south of the castle of Nevşehir was inhabited mainly by Christians until 1923 and the people exchange between Turkey and Greece. Later many Turks moved into the abandoned houses, changed them, built new ones, destroyed some etc. Nowadays the government had decided to renew the whole area and forced the people to move away. Some buildings have been declared as of historic interest and all the other ones are meanwhile pulled down.
Continue reading +

Latitude: 38° 36' 55" N, Longitude: 34° 42' 50" E see »

Localisation: Turkey

Laissez un commentaire:

[ * ] = informations obligatoires.
Nom: *
L'adresse e-mail est obligatoire, mais ne figurera pas sur le site.
Adresse E-mail: *
Votre page Web:
Votre commentaire: *